Share offer now open, April 24th - May 31st
About this project
Share offer live April 24th - 31st May. Invest now
Vauxhall Energy is a community benefit society that empowers residents to generate their own clean energy, provides work experience and jobs for local people and addresses energy efficiency and fuel poverty in Vauxhall.
How it works
We are creating a community-owned solar array on the roofs of 5 blocks in Vauxhall Gardens Estate. This is funded through a community share offer - giving local people and investors an opportunity to gain a 3% return on their clean energy investment. After operating costs are deducted, profits will be divided between providing investors with the annual return on investment, and benefitting the tenants and residents living in Vauxhall Gardens Estate.
What we will achieve
- 65 kWp solar array to be installed on 5 blocks in the estate: Arne, Arrowsmith, Jameson, Kennedy and Mountain.
- 24 tonnes of CO2 per annum will be saved from entering the atmosphere - that is 488 tonnes over the 20-year life of the project.
- The project will generate 1059 MWh of clean renewable electricity over the lifetime of the project. This is the equivalent of powering 17 homes.
- An average 3% return on investment for investor members.
- £15,000 ring fenced for the benefit of the Community over the life of the project.
- Contribute to wider action in reducing our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Provide an ethical and social investment opportunity for local people in Lambeth.
- Fund community activities.
- Provide work experience and jobs for local people.
- Empowering communities and promoting local leadership.
- Support and training for vulnerable youth, local residents and long term unemployed and job seekers.
- Raise awareness surrounding energy issues.
What we have achieved so far
- We have been engaged with residents and run energy advice and solar panel making workshops.
- Provided home energy audits.
- Nine local young people have benefitted from a 20-week paid internship programme. This involved gaining experience in finance, media, PR and the technical aspects of delivering a community energy project.
Gary Markabout 3 hours ago
Alison3 days ago
Daniel5 days ago
Catharine Marie5 days ago
Sam5 days ago
Ross6 days ago
Olivier7 days ago
Richard7 days ago
Philip7 days ago
Raphael Lawrence7 days ago
Ashis8 days ago
Anke8 days ago
Elizabeth Anne Louise12 days ago
Sarah Katharine20 days ago
Agamemnon22 days ago
Brian26 days ago
Dave26 days ago
Afsheen27 days ago
£22,450 Raised of our £50,430 goal
10 days leftApply for shares »
If you have any questions about investing or the project please don't hestitate to contact us:email@example.com