Fundraising Consultant needed to step up Repowering’s fundraising strategies!
Repowering supports communities to develop, fundraise and install community-owned energy.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved and support an organisation that works to empower communities to take action on climate change. We want to scale our work to meet the urgency of the climate emergency and know this can only be done by working collaboratively with the public and private sector. We are looking for fundraising expertise to primarily engage corporates who share our ambition and objectives.
Repowering’s CEO is currently responsible for fundraising and has a strong track record of securing restricted grant funding. But it is not sustainable for fundraising to continue to be CEO-led or restricted grant focussed. There is a need for a permanent dedicated resource to deliver this function longer term, but to get started – we have a small targeted grant to hire a part-time Fundraising Consultant over the next year – focussing on a corporate (predominantly unrestricted) fundraising strategy, with tangible results.
|This is a flexible role that will involve 20-30 days over a 6-month period starting ASAP, reporting to the CEO and will include working
from the Repowering office in Brixton.
Your main duties:
- Develop and implement our corporate fundraising strategy to double our unrestricted income
- Produce corporate pitches, successfully yielding 4-5 potential partnerships
- Identify and submit proposals to trust funds and foundations who align with our objectives
- Support in bid writing for grant funds
Repowering is looking for a candidate with strong fundraising experience to complement existing executive experience and skills. You will have some or all of the following skills and experiences:
- Fundraising from a range of sources, including Trust funds, grant funds, and corporate sponsors, crowd funding
- Experience of working in corporate social responsibility (CSR) for the private sector
- Established winning corporate partnerships with funds or pro-bono support creating mutual outcomes
- Ability to quickly understand an organisation and its needs as we are looking for someone to hit the ground running
- Excellent communication skills – in-person to build lasting relationships, and written to write winning pitches and bids
- Knowledge of our fundraising landscape and preferably warm contacts to approach
- Commitment to our aims and objectives
|£250-350 per day based on experience|
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to Afsheen Rashid at email@example.com by Saturday 29th February 2020.
Repowering London specialises in community energy projects that deliver social, environmental and financial returns to the communities in which they are based. We support local people to develop, own and manage renewable energy projects within socially deprived neighbourhoods and challenging urban environments. Our work generates not only clean electrical energy but also the social energy that brings people together to create empowered and resilient communities.
Repowering has established eight award winning Community Benefit Societies and co-operatives, Brixton Energy Solar 1, 2, 3, Banister House Solar, Energy Garden, Vauxhall Energy, North Kensington Community Energy and Lambeth Community Solar. These include both the first and largest community-owned energy projects on social housing in the UK. Each project is housed in an independent co-operative that is sustained through income generated from the Feed-in-Tariff and the sale of electricity. In total, the projects have installed 470kW of solar panels that will save 2000 tons of CO2 emissions over their lifetime.
To date 123 young people have benefited from Repowering’s training programme and over 50 have benefitted from paid work experience. Through our fuel poverty programme we have reached out to over 2000 people and helped save approximately £20,000 on their energy bills.
Innovation is at the core of Repowering’s values, currently developing the UK’s first inner-city Micro Anaerobic Digestion Project and involved in three local electricity supply trials that include peer to peer trading.
Repowering is committed to equality and fairness for all in our employment. As we work with diverse communities across London, we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.